Sunday, January 17, 2010

13/365

Smoothie! I probably average a smoothie a day. I make them all myself (the ones I'v bought all taste over-sweetened) and my current obsession with them made me feel like I should have some pictures. My basic smoothie pretty much always has milk (I'm on skim these days), banana, and strawberries. I often buy frozen berries since it's cheaper and easier to always have on hand, and the berries in this one are from the freezer. The rest changes depending on what we've got: blackberries are great, kiwi, apples, mango, blueberries, and other juices often make it in. While they are in season, white peaches added to my basic mix make one of my all time favorite flavor combinations.

Before blending:


Finished product:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

vanilla rice milk
orange pineapple juice
frozen strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
vanilla yogurt
little bit of sugar to tame the berries
blend
enjoy

Greer and I have one of these pretty much every morning. Sometimes we add banana. Frozen mangoes hard to come by in our local stores for whatever reason and I'm not paying big bucks for the organic I do find.