Friday, December 17, 2010

An iron is an iron

196/365
July 17, 2010

At some point I bought a flat iron for my hair. I had gotten a haircut that I loved and the person who did it used a flat iron to style it and I seemed to think I would have the skills and patience to mimic his work. Wrong. But the iron did not go to waste. These little tools can be used in a pinch for touch-up ironing of clothes. It's great on shirt collars and those wrinkly button plackets. So if you've got one gathering dust in your closet, get it out, clean off the plates and use it on your clothes in a pinch. The best part is that you don't need an ironing board.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I have a ceramic plate flat iron for my hair that gets too hot to use on most clothing. I've actually scorched some things trying to save a few minutes!

Allison C said...

Oh no! This was just the cheapo one from the drug store, so maybe that's why it doesn't get that hot. Maybe if I had a better one I would use it on my hair more :)