Sunday, January 17, 2010

14/365

New stuff! I had an appointment in SoHo this afternoon (the 14th when I took these, no the day I'm posting) so I went early to run some errands. One thing I've been avoiding is getting a new purse. I usually use a very utilitarian, youthful looking purse so it was time for an "adult", girly bag. I think this one will do (I'm bad at choosing which ones I like, though I can tell which ones I definitely don't like). It meets my criteria of having several pouches so I can quickly access phone, metro card, keys, etc. and it has an over the opposite shoulder strap which makes for hands-free carrying and makes life much easier when you are on trains and walking everywhere instead of in a car. I restrained myself and didn't get the really big one I wanted, but I may go back for it since I need a bag that I could put school notes and reading materials in as along with umbrellas, hats, and gloves.

I've been in search of these kind of gloves/mittens for a while but they are surprisingly hard to find. Most are knitted, which is bulky and not warm but these are fleece which is slightly better and the one and only pair I found near small enough for my hands, which are not tiny. Even the thumb cover opens! These are great for getting out my metro card or taking a picture without totally de-gloving.

Not an exciting shot, but I'm happy with my purchases. Oh, and I had a big coupon to DSW where I got the bag so it was half-off.

No comments: