Saturday, January 30, 2010

Glorious new kitchen gadget!

30/365

I finally got an immersion blender and I tried it out today on soup and salsa. I LOVE this thing. Making blended/pureed soup is so much easier with this than doing small batches in the blender. It saves time, mess, and dirty dishes. I like making soups so this means I will probably make them more often and it seems perfect for things like mashed potatoes, dips, milkshakes, and sauces.

In the background is some salsa I blended in the cup that came with the blender. The salsa has a can of diced tomatoes, a little onion, cilantro, and hot pepper and Craig liked it enough that he almost ate all of it in one sitting. Oh, and it's pretty easy to clean. I just run it immersed in some soapy water, then clean water.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I have a red Kitchen-Aid stick blender and I love it. I actually just toss the bottom half of mine in the dishwasher (top rack).

Though it does not blend cake batter as well as traditional beaters, it is MUCH more convenient for Ali to use!