Monday, June 14, 2010

Home Pedicure

130/365
May 12, 2010

I feel naked if my toenails are not painted in the summer and on display in sandals. The problem is that getting a pedicure in a nail salon has always kind of grossed me out, and my public health classes have only confirmed my fears (skin fungus anyone?). Is anyone else grossed out by sticking your feet in a tub that has housed many other feet or using a polish brush that has painted the nails of strangers? Am I the only one?

I am thus left to do my own nails. No matter how many times I paint them, my skills seem to have shown zero improvement, but I have at least perfected my whole technique. I basically just paint the top of the whole toe, as seen in this photo, and use a toothpick to outline the nail. Once it dries, it is pretty easy to wipe the polish off of the skin. Wearing socks and sneakers for a long walk or jog helps the process, as does a warm bath. After the excess paint is wiped off, the end product usually looks good, in my opinion. Anyone else use this method or want to teach me a better way?

4 comments:

Jackie P. said...

http://www.sallyhansen.com/product.cfm?product=397

It is a pen with the nail polish in it. I love it. Makes pedicures much easier and neater.

Allison C said...

Ooh, I'll have to check that out.

Alyssa said...

I use those too - they are pretty much idiot proof.

Christy said...

Ok..I know I know. I've had the Public Health classes too...but I still get pedicures. I am very selective though. I may try the pens though!