Wednesday, March 24, 2010

City Fleas

71/365
The flea markets I went to as a kid, in the vicinity of Pine Bluff, Arkansas were um, kind of junky. Tables of old crap out in a dirty lot behind a parking lot is what I remember. Oh, and of course boxes and pens of baby animals! All the ones I've been to in NYC are very different and the price tags are a wee bit higher.

On the rainy Sunday that I took this photo, I managed to drag Craig out into the storm to check out two Brooklyn flea markets. One was kind of small and more of a local good market--clothes, jewelry, fresh produce. The other was the Brooklyn Flea, which has a part time home in One Hanson Pl, also known as the Williamsburg Savings Bank building. It's no longer a bank but is still a really cool, beautiful old building. I was there more to see the space than buy anything, though I did get a necklace and a ring :)

This booth with artsy light fixtures and vintage clothes was very picturesque to me. I also like the little reflection of the stained glass windows in the glass. There are more pictures of it over at my flickr page.

No comments: