Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Old Ceremony

69/365
One of the best parts of living in New York City is the abundance of live performance venues. There are two that I really like in our neighborhood, just a 10 minute walk from home (and owned by the same people). Union Hall is a bar with a small stage in the basement and the Bell House is it's big brother in Gowanus with around a 450 person capacity in the performance room. I keep my eye on the calendars of both places for bands I like as well as other fun events, like Secret Science Club (where smart people like Eric Kandel and Neil Tyson Degrasse talk about science, duh) and taxidermy contests. I was really stoked to see that The Old Ceremony was coming to Union Hall (they were the opening act). There was a nice gap between the stage and the audience so we (Craig and Burns went with) got to be front and center, where I snapped a few shots.

In editing, I took out most of the color in the whole set of shots, and left a little of one color. I think I like the result, but maybe I'll change my mind in a week. Give 'em a listen. I like all of their albums.

No comments: