Monday, May 24, 2010

Brunch

119/365
May 1, 2010

I don't know if weekend brunch is a trend everywhere now or if it is just a popular city thing. Either way, we have enjoyed more than a few of them since moving to NYC. Brunch pretty much means a restaurant serves breakfast foods later in the day and with cocktails. By a long shot, most of our brunches have been at Coco Roco. I always get a Bloody Mary to go with the perfect rotisserie chicken and sides and Craig gets a mojito with whatever he orders. Even when we lived far away in Crown Heights (which we call Little Pine Bluff), we trekked over here on weekends for Coco Roco more than any other place.

It's great for two, but we've never had trouble getting space for a crowd. I think we take most of our visitors there as well, and the mojito never disappoints. You can tell it's a classy joint by the paper table cloth and crayons. Many a decision has been discussed with the crayons: apartments, trips, furniture, neighborhoods, pets, chores.

I just spend 20+ minutes trying to find a picture that may not even exist in my library. One day at Coco Roco Craig drew a monkey (this falls into the "pets" category of conversations, but is a whole other story). I made fun of it and assured him that it did not look like a monkey and drew my own version and we spent quite a bit of time comparing monkeys. For the record, we are both terrible drawers but my monkey was definitely more recognizable as a monkey. I guess there may not be a picture of our drawing.

No comments: