Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Evening classes

100/365
April 12, 2010

Cooking classes are abundant in NYC so I decided that with a slightly lighter class load for grad school, I should try out some cooking classes. On this Monday evening I went to Brooklyn Kitchen called "Artisanal Sourdough Bread in the French Tradition". I've baked a fair amount of bread over the years, but I figured a class might be fun.

I loved it. I learned a ton, including that all you need for pretty loaves is a nice proofing basket. I was so excited that I also signed up for another class on cupcakes, which I'll post about later. Using sourdough starter to make bread instead of commercial yeast can give the bread a lot more flavor. The teacher had all the flours he was going to talk about out in this nice display.


No comments: