Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dinner at Joe's Shanghai

163/365
June 14, 2010

A friend we made from Craig's grad program at UNC, Leo, was stopping through NYC with his girlfriend so we met them for dinner. They are both Chinese (as in born and raised there) and she lived in NYC for a while a few years ago and was craving real Chinese food so we went to Joe's Shanghai. It's known for its dumplings (at least that's what I had heard about), among other things. Leo's girlfriend chose most of the food, starting with dumplings and ending with this fish. The colors from the fish dish were so overwhelming (orangey fried crust and read sauces) that I had to make it black and white to make it more tolerable. I am not an adventurous eater, but I tried everything but the fish. To make sure I didn't go hungry, I ordered myself the nice plain chicken and broccoli dish pictured below the fish. I think we were all very full by the end.




No comments: