Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sad, empty bag

157/365
June 8, 2010

I joined the Park Slope CSA (community shared agriculture) this year. A group of people, several hundred for this neighborhood's, people join and partner with a farmer and pay that farmer before the season for produce throughout the growing season in the area. I am doing the vegetable, fruit, and flower shares with ours. You get whatever is available to be picked that week.

This Tuesday was my first pick-up day and I was very excited to see what I would get. Sadly, when I arrived at the pick-up spot, there was no food. NOTHING! The delivery truck got lost going to an earlier stop (they provide for multiple CSAs and maybe some restaurants?) and did not make it out to us, their farthest stop. I was crushed. To make up we would get a double share the next week. Not an ideal solution--a lot of the next week's share went bad before we could eat it. I'm just glad that wasn't one of my days to work the distribution booth and have to tell all those people they had to go home empty-handed.

Anyway, hopefully this will be my only empty bag picture for the CSA.

No comments: