Friday, February 19, 2010

Foods of the gods.

44/365
Can't. Stop. Making [and eating]. Pumpkin Loaf. I really got on a kick with this stuff and the batter is as good as any cake or cookie batter. I like the uncooked version of desserts so much that I once requested chocolate chip cookie dough (not the cookies) as my birthday dessert, and of course my loving mother obliged. I like to think that all these years of eating raw egg has strengthened my system to salmonella and that is why I get food-poisoning (aka stomach flu) rarely. Or maybe I'm just rationalizing my behavior to make those of you who fear raw egg feel better about this.

The recipe is so easy and the result is so good that I just kept (I have sworn to stop for at least a few months) making it. Do you see how full the mixing bowl is? I made a triple batch of the batter and made lots of small loaves to share and freeze. If you missed my previous post on this bread, the recipe is here.

No comments: