Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Go Red Day!

36/365
I don't really do anything, but I'm on Mount Sinai's Go Red for Women committee. February 5th was Go Red day when women (all over, not just at Sinai or NYC) are supposed to wear red to raise awareness for women's heart health. Heart disease is currently considered the number one killer of women in the U.S. which is part of why the American Heart Association created its Go Red campaign.

Mount Sinai had a huge health fair in one of the lobbies. There were health stations for blood pressure, blood tests (glucose, cholesterol, etc), information booths on salt and a healthy foods buffet, all ended with a consultation with a doctor about your test results. I took this photo with my point and shoot while waiting for my blood test. It's mostly employees and students from Sinai but members of the community were also there.

No comments: