Friday, February 19, 2010

Really, this is a photograph.

42/365

I decided to take the camera along for Shep's evening walk in the park. It was later than ideal for shooting freehand (no tripod), but I got a few okay shots of the park covered in snow and I'll post those on my flickr account. But from this batch, I can't stop looking at this, unedited image. I was leaning against a tree trying to get the sunset through the woods with a long exposure, but obviously I did not manage to hold the camera still enough as I sank through the snow. I think the effect looks like a painting, but I can't decide if it's more Van Gogh or Monet or another. I wonder if I could recreate this effect on purpose? That could be my style!

I think it looks better, bigger. Just click on it to see a bigger version.

No comments: